Summer's hot temperatures slowly fade signalling the beginning of fall's turn to shine. Here in Northern California, it is one of my favorite times of the year. Whether it is exploring Apple Hill seeking a pie or two, antiquing at one of our local antique fairs, or just enjoying the change of color from the trees in my neighborhood, the vibrant colors of autumn entice me to bring them inside.
Here's my list of top 12 must haves for your fall decor.
1. Pumpkin Spice Candles- Nothing says fall more than the yummy aroma of pumpkin spice. Two of my favorites are Linnea's Lights pumpkin spice candle and Boulangerie's pumpkin souffle candle. These candles work great in your table center pieces, and add delicious fragrance to your home.
2. Lanterns- Lanterns filled with a candle and potpourri add a nice touch at the base of a fireplace, or on the front porch for arriving guests with their welcoming glow.
3. Fresh Pumpkins/Gourds-I love fresh pumpkins and gourds! I usually pick mine up at my local farmer's market/Trader Joe's. I prefer a mix of styles and colors, but I especially love the Cinderella shapes.
4. Fall Colored Potted Plants.- An urn full of fall colored mums or your favorite seasonal flower adds a cheerful greeting to your visitors.
5. Beautiful Wreath-An Autumn colored wreath is a must have finishing touch on your door. It offers a first glance of your fall decor to greet guests.
6. Colorful Linens-Fall patterned and colored table linens really help usher the season into your table setting. By mixing and matching your napkins and china in related colors, you can create a welcoming table.
7. Fresh Flowers-Of course no table or home is complete without a beautiful arrangement of fresh flowers. Sunflowers, mums, hydrangeas whatever you choose fresh flowers bring such natural beauty into every day living.
8. Dried Flowers-Bouquets of wheat, dried lavender or other garlands add a beautiful backdrop to mantles or table tops. All of these natural elements really add beauty to your fall decor.
9. Woven Place Mats- Whether you choose raffia or the darker colored rattan woven place mats, adding another texture to compliment the softness of your linens makes a great table setting.
10. Colored Glass- Beautiful colored glass either pumpkin shaped gourds or fancy colored stemware creates a little sparkle and something unexpected.
11. Soft Blankets-Soft blankets or throws to snuggle up with as the temperatures change are very comforting. I love the fall plaid varieties like the vintage Pendelton styles.
12. Wicker Baskets-Wicker baskets to fill with your bounty from the local market, pumpkins or your blankets add a warm touch to any room.
After adding these must haves for fall decor to your space. Sit back relax with a nice cup of tea, and enjoy the beautiful fall decor you've added to your home.